The recent surge in demand for decently priced cloud hosting services has brought Vultr to the forefront of cloud hosting scene. With some aggressive pricing and world class service, Vultr has established itself as one of the best cloud hosting providers. The cost of cheapest server available on Vultr is just $2.5/month and that has made it the preferred choice for a number of webmasters, who are looking to host their websites with not so much of traffic.
In this short tutorial, I am going to share guidelines on how you can set up a Vultr VPS server in less than 5 minutes to run any of the desired app or website.
Before getting started, I assume you have set up the Vultr account with your account and payment information. If you haven’t, you can click here to get an account on Vultr.
Let’s get started.
Steps to deploy new server on Vultr
- Once you are done setting up your account and verifying the payment information, you will be taken to the initial server setup screen. Which looks like the one below
- Click on the plus sign at the right to start setting up the server. If you have installed any server before this, the list will have all of them right there. Once you click on the plus sign, you will be taken to the next page asking for the details of your location, desired server size, server type and all the additional features you want to deploy the server with.
- Select the location which best suits your needs. In general terms, people often use the locations which are nearest to their target audience. So if you expect a lot of traffic from Europe, Paris and Amsterdam are the best available locations for you. If you have Asian audience to target, Tokyo or Singapore will work the best.
- Post selecting the location, you will be asked to select the server type. Vultr supports a number of server types including OS servers, Application, ISO upload, ISO Library, Backup or Snapshot. For most uses, we will need a OS installed on the server. For your specific needs, you can select any of them and go ahead.
- Now you will be required to choose the server size and pricing of the VPS. Vultr offers wide range of servers starting from as low as $2.5 a month ranging upto hundreds of dollars each month. You can choose the best suited to your needs.
- Vultr does offer some additional features to make your experience better and more secure. You can enable IPv6, Private Network, Auto Backups, DDOS Protection or Block Storage. Auto Backups and DDOS protection comes with extra charge.
- After selecting the additional features, you will be asked to give your server a name. Choose a name which will help you identify the server. Once done, just click on Deploy Server.
- It will take a while to install the needed scripts and create the server. Once done, you can get started with any of the task you had planned to carry out with this server.
Check out this video below for the complete step-to-step guide on setting up the server on Vultr.
That’s it. You have a Vultr server running with your desired size and OS. Feel free to let us know in the comment section if you have any suggestions or queries and I will try my best to respond ASAP.
Good Luck with the Cloud Hosting World. 🙂